Kent in Fall 2004
Two trips to Yosemite. More time with friends. Halloween!
Yosemite - Trip #1 (Vernal and Nevada Falls)
Kent climbed all the way to the top of Vernal and Nevada
Falls. On his own two feet. No problems (except finding a
place to go to the bathroom on the way down.) Yosemite was
beautiful. Great fall day. The leaves and smell was
wonderful. Not much water in the waterfalls.
On top of Nevada Falls, 2000 feet of elevation gain. Not a
single complaint (although those last stairs were pretty brutal, for
Big hills and big trees. Sunday was wet, but that big storm gave us
the snow for the weekend that follows.
Jeff and Cheryl organized this trip. Jeff shot this picture of
Kent and I at Saturday breakfast in Curry Village. (Thanks Jeff.)
- Kent on the way down in the woods - small and large
- Staying dry under the old Sequoia tree - small and large
- One of the falls on the way out of Yosemite valley
- small and
Yosemite - Trip #2 (Yosemite Falls and Snow Play)
One weekend later we went back to Yosemite. Once wasn't
enough. This time with Quynh and Khanh
- Kent pointing to Upper Yosemite Falls - small
- Khanh and Kent on the trail - small
- Kent powering up the trail - small
- First snow! - small
- Quynh and Kent work their way back down - small
- Quynh and Khanh at the bottom of the upper falls - small
Big scenery from the trail
- Khanh, Quynh, Kent and Malcolm - Half way up - small
- Snow on top, green on the bottom. Looking down valley - small
- Kent points to his next big hike - Half Dome - small
- Happy boys - Kent and Khanh at Columbia Point, above Yosemite
Lodge and Half Dome in the distance - small
On top of Yosemite Falls. It was cold on top, with the snow.
- Quynh and Kent on top in the snow - small
- Yosemite creek before it goes over the falls - small
Great views on top
Sunday was wet again. But it was great to see the waterfalls.
Snow! The boys had so much fun in the snow near Crane Flat.
We went to Yosemite to help Quynh celebrate her birthday. Kent
thought that getting sung to at dessert in the Ahwanee was so much fun
that he wants to go back for his birthday.
Quynh in the snow
Friends at home!
- Katie, Julia and Kent pile on big dog - small
- Kent and Emma practice their dance moves. - small
- Emma in the new sandbox
- small and
Our first Halloween in our new house.
Last updated October 31, 2004. Copyright (c) 2004 by Malcolm
Slaney. All rights reserved.